Monday, June 28, 2010

Confessions, amends, and forgiveness.

My baptismal interview is this Tuesday. I didn't think I would be this nervous for it. Until elder Jordan listed the questions, and there were a few that I knew weren't good answers, but they were honest answers. I just wonder what we are going to talk about after I answer these. Are there going to be some kind of consequences for my past mistakes? God will still forgive me even though I did those horrible things, right? Or are those things unforgiveable? Everyday i am learning more and more about how to forgive and accept myself and others. I can only hope that they can also forgive and accept me, the way that I am and the way I will become. I hope that someday not too far off, I can say sorry to the people that I hurt, and say "it's okay" to those that have hurt me. I am SO excited for my baptism this saturday, and so excited that I finally actually believe and understand what has been taught to me. I will always have some amount of doubt, as everyone does, and I will continue learning, as everyone does, and I will make mistakes, as everyone does, but I will also have faith in Jesus Christ my lord and savior, and I will continue to strive to live according to the word, without breaking commandments or wise words. I continue to go to church each week and read my bible everyday, but I have fallen out of the habit of praying everyday. One more thing to work on. 5 days and 17 1/2 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment