Monday, August 27, 2012

A bottom in sobriety.

I don't know if it can really be considered a "bottom", since I'm still in extremely early recovery, but my life is definitely unmanageable due to me acting out, feeling extremely guilty, continuing to act out, feeling even more guilty, and then trying to distract myself from the way I feel by acting out more (online shopping). Staying up until 2, 3, 5, 7am. This is the kind of unmanageable, sick behavior that makes sobriety seem not worth it. I know that I need to read this 6th step so I can move on to the 7th and get a grasp on turning over these defects of character to my higher power; asking him to remove my shortcomings. I know that I won't be perfect after this happens, but I do believe it will be better. I just want to stop. I am so tired, mentally, spiritually and physically. I am yawning as I type this.

No comments:

Post a Comment